Steven A. Davis
After graduating from the University of Texas Law School in 1991, Steve joined the Columbus, Ohio, law firm of Crabbe, Brown & James, becoming a partner in 1999. His years of study in Texas resulted in a deeper understanding of the oil and gas industry and provided him with unparalleled expertise to represent landowners facing pipeline issues. During his years with Crabbe, Brown & James, Steve concentrated on all phases of right-of-way acquisition and pipeline consultation, civil litigation and land use. In June 2015, he closed the Lancaster office of the firm, and joined Sitterley, Vandervoort & Davis Ltd. He has retained an Of Counsel relationship with his former firm.
Throughout his career, Steve has been involved with complex litigation issues, serving as counsel in approximately fifty pipeline right-of-way cases in both Federal and Ohio trial and appellate courts. He has consulted on or handled litigation associated with acquisition, permitting and construction, and has negotiated construction-related damage claims. He has also assisted landowners in negotiating and improving terms and compensation for the installation of several pipelines including the 2007 Rockies Express and the 2011 ATEX Express. Steve has become the go-to expert in pipeline litigation across Ohio and at Sitterley, Vandervoort & Davis.
- Oil & Gas Pipelines
- Municipal Law
- Land Use
- Elder Law
Honors & Speaking Engagements
- 2011 – present, Fairfield County Commissioner
- 2012, co-presenter, Second Annual Ohio Oil and Gas Law Symposium , “Negotiating Pipeline Easements and Managing the Threat of Eminent Domain”
- The Ohio State and Fairfield County Bar Associations
- Lancaster City Council, member (1995-2001), President (2002 -2004),
- United Way Review Board, Fairfield County (1998-2004)
- Fairfield County Republican Executive Committee, Chairman (2004-2011).
- United Way, Charity Newsies, the Lancaster Youth Baseball Association and the Robert K. Fox Family Y
- Licensed to practice in all Ohio state and federal courts
1990, Bachelor of Arts, Russian Language and Soviet Studies, University of Arizona
1991, Juris Doctorate, University of Texas School of Law