Jeffrey K. Vandervoort
Since joining Sitterley, Vandervoort & Davis Ltd. in 1999, Jeff has worked primarily in the areas of business and real estate law. He provides assistance to clients engaged in businesses ranging from sole proprietorships and family-owned businesses to large corporations, and regularly counsels clients on issues such as the formation of a business, choice of business entity, contract preparation and analysis, transactions, franchises, and the acquisition and sale of stock or assets.
In addition to his work with area businesses, Jeff has focused his practice on real estate matters. His expertise in residential and commercial real estate includes land transactions, zoning and land development, leasing and landlord/tenant issues. He is a licensed title agent and manages the firm’s title agency, Lancaster Title Agency. Prior to joining the firm, Jeff practiced law for two years as an associate at Fuller & Henry Ltd, a large corporate firm in Toledo, Ohio, where he focused on commercial litigation. He also served for two years as a federal law clerk for the Honorable John W. Potter, Senior United States District Judge for the Northern District of Ohio.
- Business Law
- Commercial Transactions
- Corporations and Partnerships
- Limited Liability Companies (LLC’s)
- New Business Startup and Planning
- Business Acquisitions and Succession Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Buying, Selling, and 1031 Exchanges
- Real Property Development, Zoning and Splits
- Commercial and Residential Leasing
- Landlord Tenant
- Information & Referral (“211”) of Fairfield County, Vice President of the Board of Directors
- Fairfield Heritage Trail Association, Vice President and Trustee
- Lancaster Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce, Past Chairman of the Board of Directors; Past Chair and current member of Legislative Action Committee
- Fairfield County Bar Association, President 2010-2011; Business Law Committee and Pro Bono Legal Clinic Committee
- United Way of Fairfield County, Review Board, Past Chair and Member
- Partners with Youth Campaign of the Robert K. Fox Family YMCA.
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
Education and Certifications
1992, Bachelor of Science, Business, Indiana University
1995, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, University of Toledo College of Law
2004, Master of Laws In Business, Capital University Law School
“Piercing the Veil of Limited Liability Companies: The Need for a Better Standard,” 3 DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal 51 (2004).