Craig M. Vandervoort
Since joining the firm in 1992, Craig has developed an extensive estate planning, trust and probate practice. He advises families and individuals on ways to cost-effectively plan and settle their estates, and establish, fund and administer trusts to prevent probate, as well as qualify for Medicaid and veteran’s benefits.
Craig has also become an advocate for landowners and farmers, with a focus on preserving land for future generations. He represents landowners against the threat of eminent domain from pipeline companies and roadway projects. He has represented large landowner groups on nearly all major pipelines installed in Ohio since 1999, and successfully advised landowners on negotiating leases for solar collection developments and oil and gas exploration and production.
- Elder Law
- Probate & Non-Probate
- Real Estate
- Wealth Transfer
- Oil & Gas Pipelines and Leases
- Solar collection leases and developments
Honors & Awards
- 2009, received the District 9 Ohio State Bar Foundation Community Service Award for Attorneys 40 and under
- One of 167 Ohio attorneys recognized a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, & Probate Law by The Ohio State Bar Association Board
- Fairfield Medical Center Foundation Board
- Lancaster Public Education Foundation, founding member and past chairman
- Ohio State Bar Association Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- Ohio State Bar Association Disability Law Committee and the Elder Law Committee
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Inc. (NAELA)
- Probate, Real Estate and Web Site Committees of Fairfield County Law Library Resources
- 2003-2004, President of the Fairfield County Bar Association.
- 1997-1998, Chairman of the American Red Cross of Fairfield County
Education and Certifications
1989, Bachelor of Science, Business, Miami University, Cum Laude
1992, Juris Doctorate, Ohio State University, With Honors
2003, certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, & Probate Law, Ohio State Bar Association Board (renewed in 2008 and 2013)
2009, accreditation for the presentation of claims for veterans benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs.